- 200 g wild rice
- 400-500 mL warm water
- 1 laurel leaf
- 1 small onion or 3 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon EURO ASIA seasoning oil no. 1
- 1 tablespoon EURO ASIA seasoning soy sauce no. 6
- 2 organic or free range eggs
- Curry powder
- Lemon juice as you like
- Around 2 tablespoons oil or ghee to fry.
Preparation: Steam the wild rice briefly, then fill it up with the rest of the warm water, and add the laurel leave. Cook it for another 15-20 min, then turn the heat down and stir in the EURO ASIA seasoning oil no. 1. Cover it, leave it and let it chill until firm. Then stir all ingredients into the wild rice. Divide the mixture into walnut-sized balls; then flatten them slightly. Heat the oil or ghee in a pan and fry the chapatis until golden brown on each side. Drain on paper towels and serve at once. These crispy wild rice-chapatis taste delicious with steamed vegetables and dips or even salads. They are ideal as a snack or a nice idea for the next picnic.
Was this article helpful?