Melon-Plum Purple Radish Salad A refreshing hot summer party dish.
- 1 mid-size watermelon or 2 Galia melons
- 1 handful radishes rinsed and chopped
- 1 bell pepper rinsed and sliced
- 3 pears rinsed and chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon CAPRI or O SOLE MIO seasoning oil no. 1
- 250 g sour cream
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Some fresh summer herbs like thyme, cress or lemon balm.
Courtesy of Ulla Mayer-Raichle.
Preparation: Half the melon in a zigzag manner, separate the halves, remove the seeds from the melon halves, and use a melon baller to scoop out even-sized balls. Place the half of the melon balls, radishes, bell pepper, and pears in a large salad bowl and marinade the salad with lemon juice. Then store the melon halves and the salad in the fridge for at least half an hour. Meanwhile mix the seasoning oil of your choice with sour cream and curd and season with salt and pepper. Stir the mixture into the salad carefully and fill the salad into the melon halves. Garnish them with herbs and some of the extra melon balls.
Salad with Goat Cheese and Ricotta A refreshing companion for spicy foods.
- 1 red bell pepper rinsed, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper rinsed, sliced
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 head salad greens (Aragula, Sorrel, Dandelion, etc.), rinsed, dried, and chopped.
For the salad dressing:
- 1 drop O SOLE MIO intermixture
- 3 drops CAPRI intermixture
- 4 tablespoons dark olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 100 g goat cheese or ricotta, chopped
- 1/2 handful fresh eatable spring blossoms (daisies, primroses, etc.), rinsed
- 2 handfuls fresh herbs of your choice (coriander, parsley, basil, etc.), rinsed
- Roasted sesame.
Preparation: Emulsify the essential oil intermixtures with the olive oil; add the lemon juice and season with salt. Place the dressing in a large bowl, marinade the cheese, and add the salad leaves, bell peppers, and scallion. Mix well and garnish with the herbs and blossoms and the roasted sesame.
Appetizer and Finger Food
Was this article helpful?
You have probably heard the term Aromatherapy and wondered what exactly that funny word, „aromatherapy‟ actually means. It is the use of plant oils in there most essential form to promote both mental and physical well being. The use of the word aroma implies the process of inhaling the scents from these oils into your lungs for therapeutic benefit.