1. Halliwell B. Reactive species and antioxidants. Redox biology is a fundamental theme of aerobic life. Plant Physiol. 2006;141:312-22.
2. Woo Ha, Yim SH, Shin DH, Kang D, Yu DY, Rhee SG. Inactivation of peroxiredoxin I by phosphorylation allows localized H2O2 accumulation for cell signaling. Cell. 2010; 140:517-28.
3. Halliwell B. Free radicals and antioxidants: quo vadis? Trends Pharmacol Sci. 2011; 32:125-30.
4. Hultqvist M, Olsson LM, Gelderman KA, Holmdahl R. The protective role of ROS in autoimmune disease. Trends Immunol. 2009;30:201-8.
5. Lee K, Won HY, Bae MA, Hong JH, Hwang ES. Spontaneous and aging-dependent development of arthritis in NADPH oxidase 2 deficiency through altered differentiation of CD11b+ and Th/Treg cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA. 2011;108:9548-53.
Was this article helpful?
A Beginner's Guide to Healthy Pregnancy. If you suspect, or know, that you are pregnant, we ho pe you have already visited your doctor. Presuming that you have confirmed your suspicions and that this is your first child, or that you wish to take better care of yourself d uring pregnancy than you did during your other pregnancies; you have come to the right place.