Upon completion of the chapter the reader will be able to
1. Recognize major risk factors for developing gout in a given person.
2. Develop a pharmacotherapeutic plan for a patient with acute gouty arthritis or uric acid nephropathy that includes individualized drug selection and monitoring for efficacy and safety.
3. Identify patients in whom maintenance therapy for gout and hyperuricemia is warranted.
4. Select an appropriate drug to reduce serum uric acid (SUA) levels in patients with gout, and outline a plan for monitoring efficacy and toxicity.
5. Educate patients on appropriate lifestyle modifications to help prevent gouty arthritis attacks.
Was this article helpful?
Everything you ever wanted to know about. We have been discussing depression and anxiety and how different information that is out on the market only seems to target one particular cure for these two common conditions that seem to walk hand in hand.
Get My Free Ebook