Upon completion of the chapter the reader will be able to
1. Explain the etiology and pathophysiology of major depressive disorder (MDD).
2. Identify symptoms and clinical features of MDD.
3. Differentiate antidepressants according to pharmacologic properties, adverse-effect profiles, pharmacokinetic profiles, drug interaction profiles, and dosing features.
4. Predict adverse-effect profiles of antidepressants based on pharmacology.
5. State the goals of pharmacotherapy in MDD.
6. Educate patients and caregivers on the proper use of antidepressants.
Was this article helpful?
Everything you ever wanted to know about. We have been discussing depression and anxiety and how different information that is out on the market only seems to target one particular cure for these two common conditions that seem to walk hand in hand.
Get My Free Ebook