1. Explain accepted criteria necessary for the diagnosis of attention-deficit hyper-activity disorder (ADHD).
2. Recommend a therapeutic plan, including initial doses, dosage forms, and monitoring parameters, for a patient with ADHD.
3. Differentiate between the available pharmacotherapy used for ADHD with respect to pharmacology and pharmaceutical formulation.
4. Recommend second-line and/or adjunctive agents that can be effective alternatives in the treatment of ADHD when stimulant therapy is less than adequate.
5. Address potential cost-benefit issues associated with pharmacotherapy of ADHD.
6. Recommend strategies for minimizing adverse effects of ADHD medications.
Was this article helpful?