Male Genitalia (Chapter 18, Male Genitalia and Hernias)
1. Inspect penis.
2. Inspect external urethral meatus.
3. Palpate shaft of penis.
4. Palpate urethra.
5. Inspect scrotum.
6. Palpate testicle, both sides.
8. Instruct patient to bear down, and observe inguinal area.
9. Test superficial cremasteric reflex (see Chapter 21, The Nervous System).
10. Transilluminate any masses.
11. Palpate for hernias, both sides.
Was this article helpful?
The term vaginitis is one that is applied to any inflammation or infection of the vagina, and there are many different conditions that are categorized together under this ‘broad’ heading, including bacterial vaginosis, trichomoniasis and non-infectious vaginitis.