• Vertebral fractures associated with a high-velocity injury mechanism
• Vertebral fractures associated with retropulsed bone and/or discontinuity of the posterior vertebral body cortical margin
• Pain unrelated to vertebral body collapse
• Vertebral osteomyelitis in the vertebra considered for injection
• Severe vertebral collapse (vertebra plana) that makes injection technically impossible
• Patients with coagulopathy
• Severe cardiopulmonary difficulties
• Chronic fractures
Was this article helpful?
Knowing the causes of back pain is winning half the battle against it. The 127-page eBook, How To Win Your War Against Back Pain, explains the various causes of back pain in a simple manner and teaches you the various treatment options available. The book is a great pain reliever in itself. The sensible, practical tips that it presents will surely help you bid good-bye to back pain forever.