• A multiligament knee injury is a serious injury that presents the orthopedic surgeon with a complex treatment challenge.
• Multiligament knee injuries result from a minimal disruption of two or more of the major stabilizing ligaments of the knee and often result in multidirectional instability patterns.
• Knee dislocation may be misleading because the majority of knee dislocations present after having spontaneously reduced. Therefore, the term multiligament knee injury may be more appropriate.
• Treatment of this injury may be complicated by associated neurovascular, articular cartilage, meniscal, osseous, and soft-tissue injuries.
• Effective treatment requires the clinician to be aware of the associated injury patterns and to be proficient in the evaluation and treatment of multiligament injuries.
Was this article helpful?
Everything you wanted to know about. How To Cure Tennis Elbow. Are you an athlete who suffers from tennis elbow? Contrary to popular opinion, most people who suffer from tennis elbow do not even play tennis. They get this condition, which is a torn tendon in the elbow, from the strain of using the same motions with the arm, repeatedly. If you have tennis elbow, you understand how the pain can disrupt your day.