• Signs and symptoms of significant head injury include loss of consciousness (LOC), cranial nerve deficit, mental status deterioration, and worsening symptoms.
• The most common head injury is a cerebral concussion.
• Serial assessment is critical in classification and management of concussion.
• Grading of head injury is done only after symptoms have resolved.
• No athlete should return to participation while still experiencing symptoms of a head injury.
• Decisions about return to play follow established guidelines but are made on an individual basis.
5. Concussion is most often associated with normal results on conventional neuroimaging studies.5
Was this article helpful?
Everything you wanted to know about. How To Cure Tennis Elbow. Are you an athlete who suffers from tennis elbow? Contrary to popular opinion, most people who suffer from tennis elbow do not even play tennis. They get this condition, which is a torn tendon in the elbow, from the strain of using the same motions with the arm, repeatedly. If you have tennis elbow, you understand how the pain can disrupt your day.