1. Andrews JR, Baker CL, Curl WW: Surgical repair of acute and chronic lesions of the lateral capsular ligamentous complex of the knee. In Feagin JA (ed): The Cruciate Ligaments: Diagnosis and Treatment. New York, Churchill Livingstone, 1988, pp 425-438.
2. Covey DC: Injuries to the posterolateral corner of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am 2001;83:106-118.
3. Maynard MJ, Deng XH, Wickiewicz TL, Warren RF: The popliteofibu-lar ligament: Rediscovery of a key element in posterolateral stability. Am J Sports Med 1996;24:311-315.
4. Recondo JA, Salvador E, Villanua JA, et al: Lateral stabilizing structures of the knee: Functional anatomy and injuries assessed with MR imaging. Radiographics 2000;20:S91-S102.
5. Davies H, Unwin A, Aichroth P: The posterolateral corner of the knee: Anatomy, biomechanics, and management of injuries. Injury 2004; 35:68-75.
6. Kim YC, Cheng IH, Yoo WK, et al: Anatomy and magnetic resonance imaging of posterolateral structures of the knee. Clin Anat 1997; 10:397-404.
7. Seebacher JR, Inglis AE, Marshall JL, Warren RF: The structure of the posterolateral aspect of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1982;64:536-541.
8. Kendall FP, McCreary EK, Provance PG: Muscles: Testing and Function, 4th ed. Baltimore, Williams & Wilkins, 1993.
9. LaPrade RF, Ly TV Wentorf FA, Engebretsen L: The posterolateral attachments of the knee: A qualitative and quantitative morphologic analysis of the fibular collateral ligament, popliteus tendon, poplite-ofibular ligament, lateral gastrocnemius tendon. Am J Sports Med 2003;31:854-860.
10. Sudasna S, Harnsiriwattanagit K: The ligamentous structures of the posterolateral aspect of the knee. Bull Hosp Jt Dis Orthop Inst 1990; 50:35-40.
11. Watanabe Y, Moriya H, Takahashi K, et al: Functional anatomy of the posterolateral structures of the knee. Arthroscopy 1993;9:57-62.
12. LaPrade RF, Wentorf F: Diagnosis and treatment of posterolateral knee injuries. Clin Orthop 2002;402:110-121.
13. DeLee JC, Riley MB, Rockwood CA Jr: Acute posterolateral rotatory instability of the knee. Arthroscopy 2002;18(2 Suppl 1):1-8.
14. Veltri DM, Deng XH, Torzilli PA, et al: The role of the cruciate and posterolateral ligaments in stability of the knee: A biomechanical study. Am J Sports Med 1995;23:436-443.
15. Brunnstrom S: Clinical Kinesiology, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, FA Davis, 1983.
16. LaPrade RF, Resig S, Wentorf F, Lewis JL: The effects of grade III posterolateral complex knee injuries on ACL graft force: A biomechanical analysis. Am J Sports Med 1999;27:469-475.
17. LaPrade RF, Muench C, Wentorf F, Lewis JL: The effect of injury to the posterolateral structures of the knee on force in a PCL graft: A bio-mechanical study. Am J Sports Med 2002;30:233-238.
18. Hughston JC, Norwood LA Jr: The posterolateral drawer test and external rotation recurvatum test for posterolateral rotatory instability of the knee. Clin Orthop 1980;147:82-87.
19. LaPrade RF, Terry GC: Injuries to the posterolateral aspect of the knee: Association of anatomic injury patterns with clinical instability. Am J Sports Med 1997;25:433-438.
20. Grood ES, Stowers SF, Noyes FR: Limits of movement in the human knee: Effect of sectioning the posterior cruciate ligament and the posterolateral structures. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1988;70:88-97.
21. Noyes FR, Barber-Westin SD: Surgical reconstruction of severe chronic posterolateral complex injuries of the knee using allograft tissues. Am J Sports Med 1995;23:2-12.
22. DeLeo AT, Woodzell WW Snyder-Mackler L: Resident's case problem: Diagnosis and treatment of posterolateral instability in a patient with lateral collateral ligament repair. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 2003; 33:185-194.
23. Chen FS, Rokito AS: Acute and chronic posterolateral rotatory instability of knee. J Am Acad Orthop 2000;8:97-110.
24. Fanelli GC: Treatment of combined anterior cruciate ligament-posterior cruciate ligament-lateral side injuries of the knee. Clin Sports Med 2000;19:493-501.
25. Veltri DM, Warren RF: Anatomy, biomechanics, and physical findings in posterolateral knee instability. Clin Sports Med 1994; 13:599614.
26. Hughston JC, Jacobsen KE: Chronic posterolateral rotatory instability of the knee. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1985;67:351-359.
27. Clancy WG, Meister K, Craythome CB. Posterolateral corner collateral ligament reconstruction. In Jackson D (ed): Reconstructive Knee Surgery. New York, Raven Press, 1995, pp 143-159.
28. Moorman CT, Clancy WG: American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine. Annual Meeting, July 1, 2002, Lake Buena Vista, FL.
29. Zachazewski JE, Magee DJ, Quillen WS: Athletic Injuries and Rehabilitation. Philadelphia, WB Saunders, 1996.
30. Irrgang JJ, Fitzgerald GK: Rehabilitation of the multiple ligament injured knee. Clin Sports Med 2000;19:545-571.
Multiligament Knee Injuries
James R. Gardiner and Darren L. Johnson
Was this article helpful?
Everything you wanted to know about. How To Cure Tennis Elbow. Are you an athlete who suffers from tennis elbow? Contrary to popular opinion, most people who suffer from tennis elbow do not even play tennis. They get this condition, which is a torn tendon in the elbow, from the strain of using the same motions with the arm, repeatedly. If you have tennis elbow, you understand how the pain can disrupt your day.