1. Bankart ASB: The pathology and treatment of recurrent dislocation of the shoulder-joint. Br J Surg 1938;26:23-29.
3. Altchek DW Dines DM: Shoulder injuries in the throwing athlete. J Am Acad Orthop Surg 1995;3:159-165.
4. Chandnani VP, Gagliardi JA, Murnane TG, et al: Glenohumeral ligaments and shoulder capsular mechanism: Evaluation with MR arthro-graphy. Radiology 1995;196:27-32.
5. Chandnani VP, Yeager TD, DeBerardino T, et al: Glenoid labral tears: Prospective evaluation with MRI imaging, MR arthrography, and CT arthrography. Am J Roentgenol 1993;161:1229-1235.
6. Choi JA, Suh SI, Kim BH, et al: Comparison between conventional MR arthrography and abduction and external rotation MR arthrography in revealing tears of the antero-inferior glenoid labrum. Korean J Radiol 2001;2:216-221.
7. Cvitanic O, Tirman PF, Feller JF, et al: Using abduction and external rotation of the shoulder to increase the sensitivity of MR arthrography in revealing tears of the anterior glenoid labrum. Am J Roentgenol 1997;169:837-844.
8. Turkel SJ, Panio MW Marshall JL, et al: Stabilizing mechanisms preventing anterior dislocation of the glenohumeral joint. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1981;63:1208-1217.
9. Arciero RA, St Pierre P: Acute shoulder dislocation. Indications and techniques for operative management. Clin Sports Med 1005; 14: 937-953.
10. Arciero RA, Taylor DC: Primary anterior dislocation of the shoulder in young patients. A ten-year prospective study. J Bone Joint Surg Am 1998;80:299-300.
11. Bottoni CR, Arciero RA: Arthroscopic repair of primary anterior dislocations of the shoulder. Tech Shoulder Elbow Surg 2001;2:2-16.
12. Cole BJ, Romeo AA: Arthroscopic shoulder stabilization with suture anchors: Technique, technology, and pitfalls. Clin Orthop 2001;390: 17-30.
13. Fabbriciani C, Milano G, Demontis A, et al: Arthroscopic versus open treatment of Bankart lesion of the shoulder: A prospective randomized study. Arthroscopy 2004;20:456-462.
14. Snyder SJ, Karzel RP, Del Pizzo W et al: SLAP lesions of the shoulder. Arthroscopy 1990;6:274-279.
15. Bach BR, Warren RF, Fronek J: Disruption of the lateral capsule of the shoulder. A cause of recurrent dislocation. J Bone Joint Surg Br 1988; 70:274-276.
16. Wolf EM, Cheng JC, Dickson K: Humeral avulsion of glenohumeral ligaments as a cause of anterior shoulder instability. Arthroscopy 1995;11:600-607.
17. Itoi E, Hatakeyama Y, Kido T, et al: A new method of immobilization after traumatic anterior dislocation of the shoulder: A preliminary study. J Shoulder Elbow Surg 2003;12:413-415.
18. Kirkley A, Griffin S, Richards C, et al: Prospective randomized clinical trial comparing the effectiveness of immediate arthroscopic stabilization versus immobilization and rehabilitation in first traumatic anterior dislocations of the shoulder. Arthroscopy 1999;15:507-514.
19. Bottoni CR, Wilckens JH, DeBerardino TM, et al: A prospective, randomized evaluation of arthroscopic stabilization versus nonoperative treatment of acute, first-time shoulder dislocations. Paper presented at the 26th annual meeting of the American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine, 2000, Sun Valley, ID.
20. Green MR, Christensen KP: Arthroscopic versus open Bankart procedures: A comparison of early morbidity and complications. Arthroscopy 1993;9:371-374.
21. Morgan CD, Bodenstab AB: Arthroscopic Bankart suture repair: Technique and early results. Arthroscopy 1987;3:111-122.
22. Warner JJ, Warren RF: Arthroscopic Bankart repair using a cannulated, absorbable fixation device. Op Tech Orthop 1991;1:192-198.
23. Arciero RA, Wheeler JH, Ryan JB, et al: Arthroscopic Bankart repair versus nonoperative treatment for acute, initial anterior shoulder dislocations. Am J Sports Med 1994;22:589-594.
24. Cole BJ, Romeo AA, Warner JJ: Arthroscopic Bankart repair with the Suretac device for traumatic anterior shoulder instability in athletes. Orthop Clin North Am 2001;32:411-421.
25. Fealy S, Drakos MC, Allen AA, et al: Arthroscopic Bankart repair: Experience with an absorbable, transfixing implant. Clin Orthop 2001;390: 31-41.
26. Karlsson J, Magnusson L, Ejerhed L, et al: Comparison of open and arthroscopic stabilization for recurrent shoulder dislocation in patients with a Bankart lesion. Am J Sports Med 2001;29:538-542.
27. Weber EM, Wilk RM, Richmond JC: Arthroscopic Bankart repair using suture anchors. Op Tech Orthop 1991;1:194.
28. Tauro JC: Arthroscopic inferior capsular split and advancement for anterior and inferior shoulder instability: Technique and results at 2- to 5-year follow-up. Arthroscopy 2000;16:451-456.
Was this article helpful?
Everything you wanted to know about. How To Cure Tennis Elbow. Are you an athlete who suffers from tennis elbow? Contrary to popular opinion, most people who suffer from tennis elbow do not even play tennis. They get this condition, which is a torn tendon in the elbow, from the strain of using the same motions with the arm, repeatedly. If you have tennis elbow, you understand how the pain can disrupt your day.